Thursday, June 11, 2009

The Happy Fruit

Before Sunday May 31, I don't remember ever eating a mango. I knew nothing about them other than that they were fruits that tasted good in smoothies. But during the course of conversation with Bro. Saul Flores I learned that the mango is not only a tasty fruit, but also a very healthy one. Of course I understand that most all fruits are healthy in some respect (what with all the different vitamins and so forth), but the thing that Bro. Saul told me (while munching on a very juicy mango) that really stuck out to me was that mangos contain a lot of tryptophan, which is (according to scientific studies (you can look it up online. it's there. all over.)) the pre-curser of serotonin, aka the "happiness-hormone." Apparently mangos possess a source for happiness. I didn't not know that, and was shocked when Bro. Saul told me that. "Eat mangos and be filled with happiness!" he said with a smile as he took another bite...


By the end of the night I had downed at least four of those things, and was filled with joy! (well, I didn't really feel a drastic change come over me all of a sudden, but I imagine if I keep eating them, I will eventually start to feel it.) At least they taste good. Plus, I like being happy. It gives me a more happier feeling than does being sad or mad). I noticed the seeds are pretty weird looking too.


No comments: