Saturday, February 28, 2009

Another Eye-Crossing Experience... for you

Before jumping blindly into the following chapter, it would be important to note some disclaimers. Now, this might just be an empty warning, but you might have trouble keeping your eyes in focus if you endeavor to read what lies before you. After every few sentences, it might be a good idea to readjust your vision by looking at a far-away wall for a couple seconds. Otherwise you might end up with "permanent cross-eye syndrome." So with that being said, read at your own risk. Don't blame me if you need glasses when your older.

So now, I begin...

Yesterday, February 27th, 2009 was quite a memorable day in my life. For that was the day that I had my third molars (aka wisdom teeth) surgically taken out of my jaw. Thank the Lord I only had two. And they were both on the bottom part of my jaw. They weren't causing me any trouble, but my dentist said that if I waited any longer to get them removed, then they would start causing me much trouble and pain. The way they were growing in was sideways underneath my gum toward the front of my mouth, thusly pushing the rest of my teeth together which would cause even more pain, while at the same time ruin my nice "brace" job that I spent an agonizing year and a half perfecting. I did not want to go through that again. So I decided, rather than go through all that mess, to just get my wisdom teeth pulled. It was memorable in that it was my first major/minor surgery to encounter. (My first being, when I was an infant I fell off my dad's chair and landed my head on the floor heater, resulting in a few stitches up there. Obviously, I don't remember it because it was so long ago.)



The doctor and his assistants were very kind to me. They hooked me up with IV's and other weird gadgets. Of course they informed me that they were going to put me under during the operation. I thought that I would maybe doze off to a deep slumber, but not so. I was wide awake, then the next thing I vaguely remember was waking up in another room. However I don't really recall anything else until I was put in the car. Now, my mother tells me that it was quite an experience getting me from my chair into the wheelchair and into the car in the parking lot (that whole part I don't recall at all). My mom said that as the nurse was putting gauze in my mouth, she told me to bite down. So I did, and bit down on her finger.lol I guess she jerked back real quick and I started apologizing profusely. Then as the same kind and patient lady got me in the wheelchair, I guess my feet drug the ground all the way out to the car. Then as she was trying to get me out from the wheelchair and into the car, I got top-heavy and nearly slammed my head into the frame of the door. My mom said I acted like a drunk guy.

Oh well, it's over now, my face is all swollen up, and I look like a chipmunk. I haven't been exactly obeying the rules of "diet immediately following procedure." He either didn't tell me, or I was in a stupor when he did. I'm leaning towards the latter part. Anyway, I got home and ate some chicken and noodles. Then later on, Daryn and I went over to the Lee's where I ate a cookies-and-cream candy bar (my second favorite) that I got at the store on the way to their house. As I began to open my twix bar that I also got there (my first favorite), Sis. Lee strongly encouraged me not to eat that one because it was too hard and would make me sick. Oh well, at least I got in the cookies-and-cream. By the way, today I ate the twix and I didn't get sick. I haven't gotten sick at all, and my mouth doesn't even hurt really, although they told me that the third day would be the worst (which would be tomorrow, Sunday). So we'll see how that goes. I don't think I'll be praise-singing tomorrow.lol

Sorry about the abrupt ending, but I am done.

Now, if you read that entire post, I am very impressed at your attentiveness and unique ability to keep your eyes focused, much less stay awake. You deserve an applause, or an aspirin.
Until next time,
jb