Saturday, February 14, 2009

Wouldn't it be cool if you could breathe through your ears?

That thought just popped into my head while I was riding in the back seat of my brother's car last night, while he and Claudia and I were heading to Lifehouse Theatre in Redlands. I don't even know what caused that thought to enter my head. I never think about frivolous things, so that's pretty weird. I usually think about important things like homework and cleaning my room.HA I guess the thing that would be so cool about it would be that if you were to get tied up by a robber or someone, and they tried to suffocate you by stuffing your head in a pillow, you would just laugh at them cause they didn't know that you could breathe through your ears. I told that to Preston and Claudia while traveling to Lifehouse and they laughed at me. They don't understand deep thinking. (I just got a leg-cramp right now. ouch... no kidding)

Speaking of Lifehouse, the show last night was about Beauty and the Beast. It was a nice show. The guy who played the Beast was kinda ugly and weird looking though, but I guess he was the only guy, who auditioned for the part, that knew all his lines perfectly. The Beauty, Rose, (which is interesting enough by itself, because her name fit in perfectly with the plot of the play. The reason that they got into the whole mess with the beast to begin with was over a rose flower, and that's funny because that happened to be the main character's name too.) Anyway, Rose wasn't bad either.

They did alot of singing and dancing in the play too, which was kinda weird. But I'm glad I went. Every time I go to Lifehouse, it reinforces my 2/3 timing on the drums. Boom chuck chuck, Boom chuck chuck, Boom chuck chuck, etc... ("Chuck", "Chick", it all depends on how the snare is tuned, I usually end up with a "chuck" snare, but I don't mind. As long as it doesn't go "boom" like a tom, then I'm okay with it) They enjoy singing to that beat there at Lifehouse though, apparently, which is nice I guess.

As the end of the show began to come to a close, I remembered that I thought that the Beast died in the story for some reason. I thought maybe he fell off a cliff or his porch or something tragic like that. I asked Donavon and he said no, but that he and Rose got married in the end. I said I remembered that too, but I thought the Beast had to die first, then he would resurrect miraculously as some handsome prince and then they'd get married. He looked at me and laughed. So toward the end of the show, sure enough, the Beast was in the woods fighting wolves when he got wounded and died. Or at least it looked like he died. His kitchen utensils and stove and broom and closet were all gathered around him crying and mourning for him. Then Rose, the girl who played Beauty, came and cried and told him she loved him. Then the lights all started flashing really quickly as he turned into a nice prince, and it was inferred that they got married eventually, but they didn't have time for the wedding, for it was already 9:30 pm, and I had to get up early in the morning to go to work.

Oh, I also met a lady that works there at Lifehouse Theatre as a makeup assistant I think, with the same name as my mom, Vicki Brown, same spelling and everything. Cool huh? She was nice and said she'd like to meet my mom. It would've been perfect, but her husband's name wasn't Carl, like my dad's. It was Dave. That was kind of a bummer. Her daughter was Beauty in the play.

Anyway, the drama was pretty satisfactory all the way around. About 20 or so of us College and Carear class kids went. That spelling error just reminded me of a wise saying I heard long, long ago, by someone who was giving advice to another who was thinking about his future, where to work, etc. His words are those with which I would like to leave to you as my parting words. "Whilst sliding down the banister of life, try not to get a splinter stuck in your career."

2 comments:

Jana McVay said...

If it wouldn't be a SERIOUS splinter in your Holy Ghost carear, you DEFINITELY could make a LOT, I mean a WHOLE LOT, of money as a stand-up, or sit-down because of the typing and leg cramps in this case, comedian.

I am seriously LOL!! You are a hoot and I am SO glad that God brought Vicki Brown and her husband, Carl (not Dave), and their two sons to ILC!!!

preston said...

That was a scary journey into the mind of my brother. No telling what we were going to run into there. LOL. The whole breathing through your ears thing was so random, it caught us off guard and we weren't sure what to say about that. I mean, how do you answer a question of that caliber? Well, thanks for the laughs anyways! May I suggest Gatorade for the cramps? I hear it does wonders! LOL