Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Some Photos of Adelina & A Recollection of Trystan the Music Lover

Please the enjoy the photos below, as well as the following recollection.


Part 1
Some Photos of Adelina


Adelina with Grandma Flores

Adelina with Grandma Brown 

Adelina with a headband 

Adelina lifting up her skirt 

Adelina smiling at her grandma Flores

I'm pretty excited about seeing my little niece in a little over a month. I hope she feels the same way about me... I'm not sure why, but for some unknown reason little children tend to cry when they see or hear me. I hope she's not like that.

Part 2
A Recollection of Trystan the Music Lover

(Bat & ball have nothing to do with following account)

I'll never forget the day I was at Phillip's house (Trystan was a baby) when he and I commenced to singing with all our hearts (like we've enjoyed doing together for so many years). As we began our lovely tune, her countenance suddenly changed from that of "happy little baby" to that of sheer terror and fright, and at once she began to scream and to cry and to wail until, I feared her little voice would go hoarse from weeping. It seemed to me, she didn't appreciate our efforts to bring joy and peace to her home.

Phillip later told me that I have embodied the lyrics that say, "I write the songs that make the young girls cry."

(Not long after that conversation with my friend, last Sunday in fact, I smiled and offered a happy little "hello!" to one of the precious little babies in our church here in Lima. She, too, looked at me and began to weep... can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.)

Since then, however, Trystan has matured quite considerably when it comes to appreciation for music and the arts, as now she no longer interrupts us with screams and many tears, but rather with uncontrollable fits of laughter and other such-like forms of  praise and gratitude. She's such a sweet little girl.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

You have my prayers and sympathy. Some people have a way with small creatures, and I do not know why. I have the opposite problem when I am around little ones like that. They like me, and I do not often see very many. Something that we will have to discuss when we get to Heaven as to how that all works, cause it very far beyond me. :)