Monday, May 2, 2011

Parques, Cultos, y Comida

Enjoy...

My first bus ride in Peru

BTW, Mama & Kim, I was completely (relatively) safe since I was with a group of kids and a few adults from the church.

We did arrive safely that evening at La Parque de las Aguas. One of the most beautiful parks I'd ever been to.

Myself and some buddies from church


Yes, once in a while a big drop would land on your head. It was fun nonetheless.

Another big fountain

That would've been a great shot if that sign hadn't been in the way.

This was part of the grand finale.

It's incredible how they make the water dance and do all other sorts of nifty things.

I'm hidden in there, try to spot me.

Youth service the following night.

Heliot being usher on Sunday morning. He's holding little "welcome" gifts and paraphernalia in the box.

Some of the boys seeking for the Holy Ghost

One of the most awesome baptisms I'd ever witnessed.


On to school...

Can't remember exactly why they were all holding out they're arms to me.

I can't believe Pablo thought I was going to spill it...

...

I can't believe I spilled it.

Yes, that's octopus. No, I haven't tried it.

Of course, Teo could probably make it delicious. She's good... Real good.

For example,

One day as I was telling Teo (our maid) about the food back home, I mentioned a popular dish that people eat called "taco's" (which led, of course, to burritos and tostadas). I then went on to explain what they consisted of.

She said she'd never done it before, but she'd try.

Better than home.

BTW, avocados here are delicious.

When I ran out of tortillas, I threw the rest of the taco stuff into one pile and made a "taco salad."


Needless to say...


I'm a happy camper. :D


Be watching for pictures of my recent encounter with a 2-foot giant pea pod.

Until then,

Hasta luego!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Like the pictures! Had to use google translate for the sign...lol:)