Monday, April 25, 2011

The Superstar of Supermarkets

A new Wong's Supermarket recently opened here in La Molina. It has some really neat features that most other grocery stores around here don't have. Actually, it's been called the "Superstar of Supermarkets."

Top notch quality!


For instance,

It has an automatic water mister to keep the produce fresh. Just before it goes on, you hear the distant sound of thunder and the smell of fresh rain in the air.

When you pass the milk cases, you hear cows mooing and you experience the scent of fresh cut hay.

In the meat department there is the aroma of charcoal grilled steaks and smoked ribs.

In the seafood department, the fresh, clean, crisp smell of the ocean and the sound of waves slapping the shoreline greets you.

When you approach the egg case, you hear hens cluck and cackle and the air is filled with the pleasing aroma of bacon and eggs frying.

The bread department features the tantalizing smell of fresh baked bread & cookies.

I've stopped buying toilet paper there...

3 comments:

Marc Adrian Smith said...

That's cool. Maybe we'll get something like that here in the U.S. I would probably stay away from the toiletries department as well.

Tiffany Bracken: said...

Hey, I doubt that you know me, but you probably know my husband Chris Bracken. No? How about his parents, Bro. and Sis. Bracken? Not them either? Well, how about your uncle Clay? Hey! It's a small world after all! We call him uncle Clay also! Althought I should mention that his isn't really our uncle so this isn't a long lost relative thing. Actually, this whole comment is because I want to rip off this blog post. I live in Taiwan and think that my readers would totally fall for it because of the name of the store. I promise to give you credit and a link to your blog at the end of my post. Would that okay with you? By the way, did I mention that we know your uncle? If it's okay, just leave a post here or email me at tebracken@yahoo.com. Thanks!

Jarron said...

Tiffany,

Yes, I remember you and your husband as well as your in-laws and Unc. Clayton.haha Feel free to go ahead and repost this. It's not original with me either. I ripped it off an email my brother got at his work.haha So you don't even need to bother giving me credit. :)

God bless,
JArron